Would you or your family like to be fitter and healthier?
At Castle Medical Centre we are taking an active role in helping our patients become fitter, healthier and happier.
We want to encourage and support our patients to live a Healthy, active lifestyle which can help benefit both physical and mental wellbeing.
ACTIV8 Kenilworth is a new and free service in Kenilworth available for patients of Castle Medical Centre and Abbey Medical Centre.
We recognise that many patients want to improve their health and wellbeing but often don’t know where to start....
On Thursdays and Fridays Deb and Cathryn our Activ8 Team are available to help patients discover what is going on locally that can help, from services offering advice, clubs and exercise classes to support groups for particular health conditions.
If you’re interested in finding out more please complete and send or print the form below and hand it in to the surgery reception. Deb or Cathryn will be in touch within 10days.
Active8 Self referral form
Why get more active?
- You will improve your health, both physically and mentally.
- It could provide you with an opportunity to learn a new skill and make new friends.
- It will help you to manage any existing condition you have and will reduce the risk of you developing any further disease/condition.
- It improves self-perception and self-esteem, mood and sleep quality.
- It reduces stress, anxiety and fatigue.
- Physically active people have up to a 30% reduced risk of becoming depressed, and staying active helps those who are depressed recover.
- In older people, staying active can improve cognitive function, memory, attention and processing speed, and reduce the risk of cognitive decline and dementia.
We have teamed up with Coventry Solihull & Warwickshire Sport to explore the possibility of accessing local community sport and physical activity opportunities for our staff and patients.
We would be grateful if you could find time to complete the following survey. It should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
The survey will NOT identify who you are, unless you want to be named (there will be an option).
Results will be analysed and findings will help inform future plans for making Castle Medical Centre a more active Practice.
Please follow this link if you would like to take part:
Opportunities to get more active
Walking for Health:
Walking is the most popular physical activity and is clinically advised for patients with long term health conditions.
We have now trained 9 voluntary walk leaders associated with the practice.
All walks will leave from outside the front of the surgery and everyone is welcome to join us. Patients can see further details of the organised walks and register to attend by clicking the following link - https://www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/walkfinder
Patients can also register with Walking for Health by collecting a form from the surgery and bringing it along to their first walk.
We are passionate about getting everyone more active so these walks are open to all members of the public - you do not have to be a registered patient at Castle Medical Centre
All walks leave from the reception area at Castle Medical Centre
Join us for free tea, coffee and biscuits after the walk