WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- You have a right to be treated with courtesy.
- We will respect your cultural, religious and moral beliefs.
- A doctor/nurse will always be available to assess urgent problems by telephone.
- You have a right to information about your health.
- You have a right to be referred to a hospital of your choice, if appropriate.
- You have a right to complete confidentiality in matters relating to your health.
- We will deal with complaints promptly and objectively.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- To be courteous and polite when dealing with members of the practice team.
- To inform us if you cannot attend an appointment.
- Only request a home visit if you are too ill to attend the surgery.
- Be prepared to wait 48 hours after requesting a repeat prescription.
Physical or verbal abuse of our staff is not acceptable. This includes racist abuse. Any incidents will always be logged and may be reported to the police with a view to prosecution. Aggressive or violent patients may forfeit their right to be on a GP's list. The practice has adopted the NHS Zero Tolerance Policy on abuse.